Raymond Rose, PhD
Raymond Rose brings environmental management experience and expertise from more than 30 years of consulting to business and industry, and to regulatory agencies.
Recent publications, presentations, and conference roles
- That Fuss over Loss Contingency Disclosures, Environmental Claims Journal, Corporate Environmental Disclosure Column, Vol. 23, Issue 1: 55-74, January-March 2011.
- Environmental Liabilities with the Codification—Is It Simpler? Better?, Environmental Claims Journal, Corporate Environmental Disclosure Column, Vol. 22, Issue 1: 49-60, January-March 2010.
- Reconsidering Loss Contingency Postponement—Raising the Game, Environmental Claims Journal, Corporate Environmental Disclosure Column, Vol. 21, Issue 2: 170-176, April-June 2009.
- Expanded Disclosure Distress and Two Classes of Loss Contingencies, Environmental Claims Journal, Corporate Environmental Disclosure Column, Vol. 20, Issue 4: 307-316, October-December 2008.
- Being Underway, Not in Delay, on Climate Change-Related Disclosure, Environmental Claims Journal, Vol. 20, Issue 1: 23-38, January-March 2008.
- Vice-chair for the Infrastructure Workgroup of the Water Industry Climate Change Research Workshop, Denver, CO, January 8-9, 2008.
- Alignment of Environmental Management with Asset Management, presented at the Plant Manager's Business Roundtable of the Electric Power 2003 Conference, Houston, TX, March 3, 2003.
- Software Guides Powerplants Through the Environmental Jungle, November-December 2001, Power magazine.
- Co-chair for the Integrated Environmental Management Session at the Electric Power 2001 Conference, Baltimore, MD, March 21, 2001.
- Panelist for the Applying Advanced IT Tools Throughout a Plant's Life Cycle Workshop Session at the 48th Annual Energy Information Technology Expo & Conference, Pheonix, AZ, November 7, 2000.
Dr. Rose has managed and performed environmental software development, environmental investigations and analyses, environmental response and remediation, groundwater and stormwater analyses, expert witness testimony, environmental knowledge and information management, environmental cost analyses, and development of environmental guidance documents.
Before Rose Environmental
Prior to creating Rose Environmental, Dr. Rose directed environmental engineering services for the Virginia office of Espey, Huston & Associates, an Austin, Texas-based engineering company. There he built staff and capabilities for solving regulatory compliance and environmental performance problems for industrial clients. He went to Espey, Huston from the management consulting firm of Booz, Allen & Hamilton. As a Booz, Allen senior associate, he provided technical support to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s superfund and groundwater programs at its headquarters office in Washington, DC.
Education and teaching
His PhD is in environmental engineering from the University of Tennessee. He taught there briefly as a visiting assistant professor in the Department of Civil Engineering before leaving to join private industry to consult to the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE’s) Oak Ridge National Laboratory and DOE’s National Low-level Waste Management Program. He has an undergraduate degree in chemistry from Earlham College.
information about Rose Environmental
Go to Resume
of Raymond Rose »